Is their a way to restrict the amount of network and other resource
usage that a user on a remote computer can use?

Reason: I am on a lan at my college and i share 30 GB of music and 10 GB
fo software. During a typical day i can be sending 500KB/s of data. I
would rather this be around 200KB/s because it kills my connection and
can slow down my hard drive (only one HD would be fine if i had another
one). for my shares i use a guest account "pcguest" so reduing resorce
usage is only going to affect people connected to me to download music.

Thanks
Brian