From:                   "Vincent A. Primavera"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date sent:              24 Apr 2002 13:46:50 +0000
Subject:                [expert] KDE 3 and Konsole...

It's a known problem.
Look at the mandrake page
http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/mdk-kde3.0.php3

or in one of the read me's in the kde download section.

The "solution"

KDE 2.2.2 and KDE 3.0 have conflicting menu entries for Konsole.
When Konsole is launched from kicker (the panel), kicker freezes
until konsole is being closed. To workaround this, remove the
Konsole button from kicker, and create manually an icon on the
desktop which launches konsole.