On Monday 29 April 2002 02:36 pm, you wrote:
> Does anybody know if gnomba and Samba works in Redhat 7.2 or not?
>
> So far as I know, it worked in Mandrake 8.1 (really great) but it doesn't
> work at all in Mandrake 8.2.   I'm getting a lot of buggy problems in
> Mandrake 8.2 and I'm seriously thinking of switching from Mandrake 8.2 to
> Redhat 7.2 because I have a lot of work to do and I don't have time for
> this.
>
> The only problem I'm afraid of is I have a home folder and I don't know if
> Redhat 7.2 will delete it or not... will it just overwrite the kernel in
> the main area and leave my home area alone?

Do an expert install and you won't have to worry much. Just choose not to
format or resize your /home partition.
Altoine B
Maximum Time Unlimited
Chicago Based and Operated
By one count there are some 700 scientists with respectable academic
credentials
(out of a total of 480,000 U.S. earth and life scientists) who give credence
to creation-science, the general theory that complex life forms did not evolve
but appeared "abruptly."
- Newsweek, June 29, 1987, pg. 23
2.4.18-6mdk