On Thu, 2002-05-02 at 12:29, Frederic Soulier wrote:
> Well, it seems that not all FTP mirrors have the correct version.
> I updated from ftp.lip6.fr and it's got the mkisofs-1.15-0.a20-1mdk...
> Tom is probably using a different mirror... which leads to the question
> of the reliability of the FTP mirrors for updating your distro.
> This is only a small pbm ;)
>
> Fred

You are right, Fred, it is relatively small as problems go but it does
serve, as you duly noted, to render MandrakeUpdate suspect at best, and
downright unreliable at worse.

Well thank the big Penguin in the sky. If you just go to good old
rpmfind, you will find the latest release of the cdrecord source rpm,
and you can build and install all the relevant components, cdrecord,
cdrecord-devel, cdrecord-cddawav, cdrecord-dvdhack, and mkisofs. That is
what I did, and I am rocking and rolling again....

Dr John
--
J. Craig Woods
UNIX/NT Network/System Administration