On Fri, 3 May 2002 03:19:29 -0300
Damian G <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, 2 May 2002 16:32:42 -0700
> James <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > So I checked my box.  Guess what I found. when I do an rpm -qa |
> > grep mksiofs I get back.
> >
> > mkisofs-1.15-0.a20.1mdk
> > mkisofs-1.15-0.a20.1mdk
> >
> > Ran it twice and both times it replies that the rpm is installed
> > twice.  Does anyone else get this?  Could this be causing the
> > "mangle"....
> >
> > James
> >
> > On Thu, 02 May 2002 10:28:52 -0500

> > > Hey Tom,
> > >
> > > I suspect that the original poster, on this issue, is right.
> > > mkisofs-1.15-0.a20-1mdk is dooshed. Why else would the newer
> > > version, the one you got Tom, be out so soon on the heels of
> > > the last update, which was less than a week ago.
> > >
> > > I updated with Mandrake Update, and did not get the version
> > > you got, Tom. Like the original poster, I got the mangled
> > > version. How did Update give you a different version? What ftp
> > > file directory source are you using for your Mandrake Update?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > craig
>
> dunno about mangle, but the only way i found how to remove
> duplicate entries in the RPM database was using " gnorpm "
> all other programs fail. commandline rpm doesn't get which
> package you are talking about and will allways reply
> "there is more than one package by that name" no matter
> what you try... Mandrake's software manager and Kpackage
> will simply segfault.
>
> if you want to remove one of those entries, open gnorpm.
> search for the package name, so the search will have
> those two results. remove one and you are done.
>
> HTH
>
> Damian

 The real question for me is how in the heck did two copies get
installed in the first place.  In theory this is impossible.  Oh and
from the command line rpm -e "rpm name" --allmatches will remove
something along this line.  So I did that, reinstalled the app
manually and voila.  Only one copy installed.  Seems to be a glitch
in kpackage that caused it but danged if I know why.

James