On Fri, May 03, 2002 at 07:41 -0800, civileme wrote:
> Michal Hrtko wrote:
> >Krist van Besien wrote:

> >>Where can I download KDE3 (final) rpms that will work without to much
> >>trouble?

> >try one of the ftp mirrors in http://www.kde.org/ftpmirrors.html
> >[+ftp]/stable/3.0/Mandrake/8.2/RPMS/*.rpm

> As to those that won't cause problems, you can't (yet).  KDE3 won't play
> nice with KDE2.2.2 in its present form and there are still some cosmetic
> bugs in Qt3 that cause problems as well.
>
> When it moves from the /contrib directory to the /update directory, it
> will be fully ready.
>
> Civileme

So what about the great announcement on MandrakeLinux.com about the
version which installs itself in /opt/ and runs parallel to KDE 2.2.2?

I installed it and it's running near to normal apart from some messages I
find on the screen when I quit KDE3 and return to the text mode.
A lot of messages but I can't quote them because they have scrolled off
the screen and there are no error messages in XFree86.0.log

BTW: How do I log the messages to a file? I boot into RL 3 and start KDE
by 'startx' or simply 'kde3'.

wobo
--
Registered Linux User 228909      Powered By Mandrake Linux 8.1
Microsoft, Windows, Bugs, Lacking Features, IRQ Conflicts, System