Hi,
I sent a message a while ago to this mailing list regarding the Radeon
and openGL. Since it seems that you have a similar configuration, do you
mind checking of you can run the bzflag game. There are a few other open
gl programs that crash XFree86 and lock up my whole computer, but this
is the only one I can remember. I tried this game with another computer
with an ATI card using a different distribution of linux and it also
crashed XFree86.

Thanks,
Victor