No there -ARE- serious problems with the Via and ALiMagik.

It's not a crusade against these companies, just facts...

The clock timer problem, dma push problems, etc.

Want even more affirmation? Check out the documentation for the Nvidia
Drivers under Linux where they list a slew of problems with even some of
the latest Via chipsets including the KT's.

Sadly I've experienced these problems first hand, and found myself
sucking up to Intel again...

-JMS