Keith Bambery wrote:

> I am really looking for the correct place to send bug reports. Can
> someone please direct me to the correct place for this.
>
> I recently installed Mandrake 8.2 and my second ide dvd drive was
> recognised and configured except the scsi emulation was missed. I had
> to add it to the append="devfs= ..." line in lilo.conf.
> Then I had to correct /etc/fstab to match.
>
> It seems to be mostly OK now. Before the fix the drive was not
> discovered by any cd burning applications.
>
> Cheers
>
> Keith

>Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

Now my ATAPI CDRW/DVD was detected and set up as a CDRW, but I had to
make the /dev/cdrom and /dev/dvd links to make the program(s) serving it
work.

That is a known bug and it is in the hardware detection, not the stuff
set up by install (as mine is).  Not all cdrw/dvds are created equal,
and I am glad the blasted things work this round--mostly, before this,
they didn't.

Civileme