Thanks for the info :)

We are now in a heated battle with our local Mandrake test-box to coax and cajole it
into allowing it to be seen by the rest of the network.

Thanks again for the info!

Jon  8^)

-----

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people
to make it worth the effort.

On Fri, 10 May 2002, Jonathan I. Nori wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Now, I know I'm gonna get flamed for this, so just bear with me for a minute.
>
> Can I set up a linux box, Mandrake or otherwise, that will emulate a
> Netware Bindery box and allow drive mapping through NDS?
>
> I want to be able to move some storage space off the netware boxes
> and onto a linux box without having to make my end users jump through
> 15 hoops.  I want to move the files and then just change the drive
> mappings in the login scripts.
>
> I do this now with a Snap server, but my assistant (who's the real
> linux mind around here; I'm a Netware sysadmin) and I aren't sure how to
> make our current Mandrake installation appear as a Netware server to NDS.

I set one up about a year ago to help in the migration from a 4.x box.
It required a rebuild of the kernel to support IPX and netware. From
what I recall it was a bindery only. I'm not sure about NDS support but
you may not need it to just map drives.

http://pcquest.ciol.com/content/networking/100080111.asp