On Wed, 2002-05-15 at 12:41, Alfredo Cole wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I have now LM 8.1 PowerPack, and 8.2 DE. Is it now safe to use any of
> these on an IBM ThinkPad i1250? I still can not understand why I can
> use SuSE 7.2 and not LM 8.x.
>
> Thank you.

I don't know the difference between your i1250 and my i1500, but I've
been running Mandrake since 7.2, and am now at 8.1. It's the only distro
that installed perfectly without one or more big tweaks to get the
PCMCIA card (a separate issue, really, since it did not come with the
laptop anyway) working.

--
Dave Sherman                          Beware the wrath of dragons,
MCSE, MCSA, CCNA                        for you are crunchy,