>          @       IN      SOA     nic.osagesoftware.com.
> admin.osagesoftware.com. (
>                           2002051801 ; Serial
>                           10800
>                           3600
>                                   604800
>                           38400 )
>                  IN NS   nic.osagesoftware.com.
>
>          osagesoftware.com.      86400   IN      A       192.168.1.1
>          osagesoftware.com.      7200    IN      MX      10
> mail.osagesoftware.com
>          nic.osagesoftware.com.  86400   IN      A       192.168.1.1
>
>          www.osagesoftware.com           IN      A       65.186.161.49
>          mail.osagesoftware.com. IN      CNAME   nic
>          smtp.osagesoftware.com. IN      CNAME   nic
>
> named.1.168.192.rev :
>
>          1.168.192.in-addr.arpa. IN      NS      nic.osagesoftware.com.
>          1.1.168.192.in-addr.arpa.       IN      PTR     nic.osagesoftware.com.
>
> named.161.186.65.rev:
>
>          49.161.186.65.in-addr.arpa.     IN      PTR     www.osagesoftware.com.
>
> I'm still learning about dns, so if any of this seems wrong, please let me
> know.  I, too, hate seeing "lame server" messages in my logs.

David,

Without any other infomation, such as network topoloy, firewall
structure, refresh and TTL needs, routing on the network, and gateway
info, it is hard to say what is correct and what is not correct. As far
as using the correct formating, your forward zone file seems to be
mostly intact. You will ultimately be the best judge by hanging out with
your friends, i.e. host, nslookup, dig, netstat, etc.

Dr John,

--
J. Craig Woods
UNIX/NT Network/System Administration