On Wednesday 22 May 2002 09:17 am, H. Narfi Stefansson wrote:
> On Wednesday 22 May 2002 09:02, you wrote:
> >      Probly, cooker has become very incompatible with 8.2 over
> > the last several weeks.  Libs, gcc3.1, etc.  Try this one, it
> > also has a freetype2 fix the cooker version doesn't (for legal
> > reasons).
> > http://ranger.dnsalias.com/mandrake/mandrake8.2/OpenOffice.org-1.
> >0-3mdk. i586.rpm
>
> Actually it doesn't have "the freetype fix" [unless he changed that
> going from 1.0-2 to 1.0-3, but I'm unaware of that]

    It was announced on the cooker list that -3 has the BC
interpreter 'fix', -2 didn't have, and none of the cooker rpms have
or will have (Apple patent fears).  I don't know if the
freetype2-2.0.9-3plf  (also at the above ftp) is neccessary.  I'm
already usin it.  Seems OOo uses it's own freetype fonts,
IIR/understoodC what I read on cooker ML.  Anyhow, the ranger ftp OOo
installs on 8.2 without complaint.

--
    Tom Brinkman                    Corpus Christi, Texas