On Fri, 24 May 2002 20:49:21 -0700

> > *nods* Got those ports being attacked too, as well as looking for
> > SSH ports & Some other obscure ports Unix/linux uses.  I don't know
> > why though... whats 139???? Sorry i'm sorta half-aware/educated on
> > security(hangs my head sheepishly).
> >

> NetBios-ssn .... do what I do cat /etc/services | grep xxx ...... fast
> way to find out what's what... *grin*
>
> James
>
> > Help?
> >
> > Femme

Dunno if you were serious but... did that... Big list of stuff!

wow... wish i knew what i'm looking for... and btw, linux has been up
for about 4 hours now, with only 1 when the Net went down.  Restarted
teh daemon, works fine.  After I made Bastille sit up & be a paranoid
little SOB, it seems I'm fending off nicely whoever is attacking me.  Or
they gave up. :)

Where do I look to see what kind of stuff Bastille logs?  I use
Portsentry too but don't know how it works or exactly how to
communicate/query it so I can see what its doing too.

any clues? hints? knowledgable donations :)

Femme

(next i need to figure how to implement what civilme suggested with
Apache...yeck. doesn't sound fun).