On Wednesday 29 May 2002 11:56 pm, Richie de Almeida wrote:
> I got a new mobo and cpu and loaded on Mandrake 8.2 and since the ide has
> UltraDMA 100 I set the boot parameter to idebus=100 but the kernel turns
> this down saying its a "bad bus speed".  I did a dmesg | grep 'ide' and got
> this:
>
> BIOS-provided physical RAM map:
> Kernel command line: auto BOOT_IMAGE=linux ro root=301 quiet devfs=mount
> idebus=100
> ide_setup: idebus=100 -- BAD BUS SPEED! Expected value from 20 to 66
> ide: Assuming 33MHz system bus speed for PIO modes; override with idebus=xx
>     ide0: BM-DMA at 0xd000-0xd007, BIOS settings: hda:DMA, hdb:DMA
>     ide1: BM-DMA at 0xd008-0xd00f, BIOS settings: hdc:pio, hdd:DMA
> ...yadda yadda yadda.
>
> So how can I enable UltraDMA at 100MHz?
>
> Richie

For ide0 try,

ide0=0x1f0 ide0=ata100

--
Hoyt

http://www.maximumhoyt.com

[a] The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than the
British or Americans.

[b] On the other hand, the French eat a lot of fat and also suffer fewer
heart attacks than the British or Americans.

[c] Conclusion: Eat what you like. It's speaking English that kills you.