From: "Richie de Almeida" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2002 4:56 AM
Subject: [expert] IDE bus speed boot parameter

I got a new mobo and cpu and loaded on Mandrake 8.2 and since the ide has
UltraDMA 100 I set the boot parameter to idebus=100 but the kernel turns
this
down saying its a "bad bus speed".  I did a dmesg | grep 'ide' and got this:

BIOS-provided physical RAM map:
Kernel command line: auto BOOT_IMAGE=linux ro root=301 quiet devfs=mount
idebus=100
ide_setup: idebus=100 -- BAD BUS SPEED! Expected value from 20 to 66
ide: Assuming 33MHz system bus speed for PIO modes; override with idebus=xx
    ide0: BM-DMA at 0xd000-0xd007, BIOS settings: hda:DMA, hdb:DMA
    ide1: BM-DMA at 0xd008-0xd00f, BIOS settings: hdc:pio, hdd:DMA
...yadda yadda yadda.

So how can I enable UltraDMA at 100MHz?

Richie

----