Brian wrote:

> Msec doesn't seem to always honor that level.local file which makes it
> especially difficult to set the security settings you desire.
>
> --

It works just fine on my system (LMDK8.2). Take a look at the Mandrake
page for instructions. You might want to look at the creation of a file
named "perm.local". I don't even use a file named "level.local", and I
can control all perms on *every* file in my system. I works perfectly
for the kind of thing the original poster asked about fixing.

drjung

--
J. Craig Woods
UNIX/NT Network/System Administration