Ok, if it's msec, then it's extremely inconsistent. I just checked my
home box. It was built from the same CDs as the one I just built today
at work.

Both systems were built from the same CDs.
Both systems are running msec level 2

X works normally on one (I can log into a remote machine, and export the
display back to the workstation, and it works fine).
X does not work normally on the one at work. If I telnet to another box,
and export the display back, it is refused. Further, if I drop to a VC,
and try to X -query to another box, X is refused.

It acts like a security issue. But if msec is behind it, it's not
causing the same behaviour on a nearly identical box at home.

So... It's something else?

This is frustrating!

Ric