Hi!

El Jue 13 Jun 2002 07:01, escribiste:

> > Right now I'm messing around with this trying compile kde3 for mdk 7.2.
> > So... I was editing specs...... :)
>
> Alfredo,
>
> Are you going to be able to do that? I thought kde3 required a later
> version of glibc then what 7.2 has installed.

Nop. I'm working on that.
I have it working right now..(or something like that... ) with glibc 2.1
Shouldn't be any problem, if the c++ compiler works fine... it could compile
kde 3.0.1.
Let me tell you the story....

I was looking for packages of kde3 that work with glibc 2.1 but the only
thing I found was some updates packages from Suse (for suse version 7.0 that
use glibc 2.1) that I install by hand in our cluster.

At this point I must say that it surprise me. Suse have kde v3.0.1 packages
for all the previous versions... that was very interesting. I mean... you
could be at the edge even if you have an old system.

I take this packages and open them with rpm2cpio and then use cpio to extract
the files so I don't mess the rpm database..... and configure the rest by
hand.
 A this point the cluster is a mess... some stuff build by hand, other
installed with rpm.
But right now I compile kdelibs and kdebase from the mdk packages.....
twiking the specs.... and modifiying and deleting some buildrequires.
It's not very clean.... but here in Argentina "lo atamos con alambre" .

ALF