On Friday 14 June 2002 03:31 am, you wrote:

> > The problem people have been having (myself included) with the floppy
> > lockups in KDE... Can this be solved by disabling supermount in the
> > Mandrake Control Center, for the floppy drive?
> >
> > If so, then I will be adding a tutorial to my site for n00bs, so please
> > let me know.
> >
> > Thanks.

Hi! Well, I'm happy to report that it seems to have fixed it here. I disabled
supermount with "supermount -i disable" as root, then I removed the old drive
icons and put new ones in (otherwise they are not pointing correctly). Now I
can mount the relevant device and my floppy, open both windows onto them, +
happily drag 'n drop files with no errors or lockups. Yeah!

PS Don't forget to unmount your floppy before removing it after you copy
something - else all data might not have been flushed from buffers yet. (you
probably already knew that - just a reminder!) <smile>

--
                                                                          /\
                                                                   Dark><Lord