I'm curious, from your email header, your mozilla is gecko/20020605.  I'm running
20020529 and do not have this problem.  I downloaded mine as a tar file from
www.mozilla.org.  Is your copy from www.mozilla.org or did you get an rpm from
somewhere?  Maybe whoever created the rpm introduced the problem.  Just a thought.

Joe