<snip>
> > You can, however, look at Oracle 8i. There is a free version for
> > Linux. I forget where I downloaded the bin from but a search on google
> > should reveal something.
> >
> > drjung
>
> It's getting harder and harder to find.   A couple of years ago I was able
> to download it and some assciated apps, like Tora, which is similar to
> Toad, but not as good.  Oracle 8i is a difficult install and requires
> specific versions RH libraries that may (?) be available from the RH
> website.   If he'll email me privately I'll send him my address, to which
> he can mail a self-addressed and appropriately stamped CD mailer.
> JLK

Personally, I've found that PostgreSQL is _MUCH_ easier to deal with (install,
maintain, you name it...) than Oracle 8i.  (Of course, I don't
want/need/give-a-rat's-a** about MS SQL compatibility, so YMMV...)

(Oh, yeah.  I'm pretty sure that Oracle is "free" for _development_ _only_...)

Just my .02...
-Jason

FOUR QUEENS. HMM. THAT IS VERY HIGH.
Death looked down at his cards, and then up into Granny's steady, blue-eyed
gaze.
Neither moved for some time.
Then Death laid the hand on the table.
I LOSE, he said. ALL I HAVE IS FOUR ONES.
(Maskerade)