On Saturday 22 June 2002 02:18, Todd Lyons wrote:
> Hoyt wrote on Sat, Jun 22, 2002 at 01:23:05AM -0400 :
> > BIOS version) with two Athlon XP1600+ cpu's and a Matrox G450 dual-head
> > video
>
> Cooker had a recent thread where two people declared that G450 dual head
> was not working right.  Both of them removed the Xinerama config and it
> became stable.  (I thought you were on Cooker, so you probably already
> knew this though :)

Thanks.

I'm not using xinerama, just independent displays since 3D acceleration will
not work in xinerama.

If I can ever get registered for the Matrox Linux forum, I'll ask them and
report back here.

I skip through a lot on the cooker  list, so I probably missed it. (It looks
like there is a unpublicized list for hard-core developers since a lot of the
bug-fix traffic doesn't seem to show up there any more -- I may be wrong and
there are just fewer bugs).

I suspect that it may eventually be a combination of mobo BIOS (some problems
with TYAN shipping the mobo too quick) and the mga drivers and X11.

I could always go back to dual PCI video cards and see how that does, but the
re-configuration is such a nightmare.
--
Hoyt

http://www.maximumhoyt.com