jerry wrote on Sun, Jun 23, 2002 at 07:58:10AM -0600 :
> Also, when recompiling with ALSA (sound) durring which part of kernel compilation do
>you configure alsa?  (ie... between make config and make dep?  between make dep and
>make clean? before any of it... after kernel's done... etc..)  I get error messages
>if i ./configure --with-card=(mycard) before i start the kernel compilation so i'm
>pretty sure i don't do it first, but not sure then when to use it.

If you are recompiling Mandrake kernel sources, you need to do a 'make
mrproper' first.  The reason for this is the state the kernel sources
are left to be packaged and distributed.

If you are using a linus kernel, then this doesn't apply to you.

My normal compile is:
make distclean menuconfig dep clean modules modules_install bzlilo

This is equivalent to:
make distclean && make menuconfig && make dep && make clean && make \
modules && make modules_install && make bzlilo

Blue skies...           Todd
--
  Todd Lyons -- MandrakeSoft, Inc.   http://www.mandrakesoft.com/
UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because