<snip>
June 27, 2002 07:31 pm, daRcmaTTeR wrote:

> hmph! sounds like it isn't good for much of anything that means anything,
> huh?
You're right. That's a pain.

I can (almost) understand why the providers would gear their operations to
"Windows only." They have to play to the largest possible audience I suppose.

The only other possibility of which I'm aware (reviewed in a linux journal
article) seems to be from a division of Hughes ;

I haven't read the article but it looks as though it's only a commercial
(read network router; _expensive_) solution of some sort. US $2499 plus
annual fees, plus a dish, plus....

Oh well.

A (unique maybe?) Alberta solution for those denied high speed internet
access;

http://www.pathcom.ca/ipath.htm

and a news release (but it may only be available here in the Great White
North anyway :) )

http://www.pathcom.ca/news/2002/Apr-25.htm

Best information I could find, sorry. I think I subscribe to too many
newsletters and magazines. ;)
--
Charlie
Edmonton,AB,Canada