On Tue, 2 Jul 2002, civileme wrote:

> >My box boots without framebuffer (different video card) and the setting
> >I use in lilo.conf is vga=normal .... rather than vga=none..... could
> >help?
> >
> >James

Thanks -- just checked this and I had vga=normal in the system (must
have had some other setting in mind when I was typing my reply).

> You should(tm) have a linux-nonfb choice in the boot menu.  It runs
> without framebuffer and has an _informative_ startup scroll.
>
> Civileme

There is one, but it looks like the only difference is that the stanza
doesn't have a vga= line to enable the framebuffer.  It's calling the
same vmlinuz as the default kernel. Unfortunately, I haven't used this
kernel since the day of the install so I'm beginning to suspect that I
really misconfigured my custom kernel.

Thanks again for the help.

Kwan