"Ricardo Castanho de O. Freitas" wrote:

> Hi there!
>
> Once is a while I got a flashing D (green) on the console!
> Does anyone know about that?
> It's rather strange....
>
> As I got a ADSL 24x7 (well, at least I try to...) I'm concerned about
> being compromised!
>
> Any hints?

Could be you've been cracked by an alien from Dextron! Wherever the hell
that may be. On the serious side, make sure you are locked down tightly
with firewall, NIDS, such as snort, file protection, such as tripwire, a
good program for detecting rootkits, and do learn about using msec. You
can not do too much to be safe. That would be like having too much
money..

drjung

--
J. Craig Woods