On Mon, 8 Jul 2002 21:39:09 -0300 (BRT)
"Ricardo Castanho de O. Freitas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi there!
>
> Once is a while I got a flashing D (green) on the console!
> Does anyone know about that?
> It's rather strange....
>
> As I got a ADSL 24x7 (well, at least I try to...) I'm concerned about
> being compromised!
>
> Any hints?
>
> Ricardo Castanho

no compromise that i'm aware of. seems to be
a glitch when you switch from X to a text terminal
back and forth several times, isn't it?

i get it too,i run no services, i've got my iptables,
and i run a rootkit-checker once in a while so i'm
almost sure it has nothing to do with security..

if you find it annoying, log out of that console and back
in, you will see it no more.

HTH

Damian