I'll second the statement below....  From my 80gb Maxtor I get about 70
gigs (rough estimate) of data space.  First is the rounding Tom spoke of
then there is the overhead for the files systems etc.  I'm running mine
as HDA without problem.  The ONLY thing I've noticed is that if it
shares space on an IDE controller with a drive that is DMA 2 it will
slow it down.  (I had the CD-Rom as it's slave for a while) Maxtor seems
to only like to share with Maxtor.

James

On Tue, 9 Jul 2002 12:38:53 -0500
tom brinkman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said with temporary authority