Darren King wrote on Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 10:35:03AM +1000 :
> Thanks for the reply Todd.  Is the cooker kernel going to break anything
> else in my system?  Will all my apps and stuff work?  I have always been
> wary of running a cooker kernel.  Can you shed any light here?

If there's anything going to break, it will be experimental features
that have been added to the kernel recently.  The one thing that I'm
most curious about (sounds like I should be on the Simpsons) is that of
the current supermount status.  Let me know how things work for you.

BTW, does the current kernel see dma capability in your IDE chipset?

Blue skies...           Todd
--
  Todd Lyons -- MandrakeSoft, Inc.   http://www.mandrakesoft.com/
UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because