On Sunday 14 July 2002 6:23 pm, James wrote:
> OK! this may solve my problem as well... This matches my kernel ... now
> the question comes.... Does this mean that Mandrake has to build a new
> glibc for every older distro when 2.6 comes out?  Or do they just never
> receive the benefit of a new kernel?  Same thing for RH ...

Sadly, that looks to exactly be the case ...all systems will have to upgrade
their glibc with it's respective kernel-header rpm in order to use the new
2.4.18 and up kernels. I don't have the official word so this is completely
all conjecture based purely off of logic.

I hoped I was inspiring, James. :)
Altoine B
Maximum Time Unlimited
Chicago Based and Operated
"Just Say No."   - Nancy Reagan

"No."            - Ronald Reagan
2.4.18-21mdk
Mandrake Linux release 8.3 (Cooker) for i586