On Mon, Jul 15, 2002 at 12:29 -0500, David Rankin wrote:
> Guys and Gals,
>
>     I need your help figuring out if a groupware solution exists that
> will solve calendaring and address book needs at my office. My current
> setup is:
>
>     Server: LM 7.2
>     Clients: (4) Win9X & ME
>
>     What I need is an application that will allow the Win machines to
> access a common calendar and address book for the firm on the server. I
> just need to be able to have the secretary and others add entries to the
> calendar or address book in a groupware fashion. Sort of like exchange
> and outlook. (not an option - hate both of them) The only catch is that
> I want the data on the Linux box to be able to be accessed from the Win
> workstations. It would really be great if you could sync a palm with the
> information as well.
>
>     Evolution shows promise, but it doesn't have any sort of interface
> for the Win boxes that I know of. Mysql or postgress shows promise, but
> I haven't found a clean Win front end that looks like it would work.
> Right now we are simply using palm desktop on the secretary's machine
> with the common files stored on the server. This isn't a long term
> solution. I have also tried using an outlook folder in similar fashion
> with similar results.
>
>     Does anyone know of any other projects that are underway that might
> offer a solution. What are you thoughts?

Why don't you have a look at sourceforge? Search there for 'Groupware'
and read the descriptions. At first sight I found 2 projects for
webbased groupware which would run perfectly in your intranet. So your
secretary can continue work with programs she knows (browser) but the
data is still secure in your Linux environment.

The 2 I found are TUTOS and 'twiggi web-based groupware'.

wobo
--
Registered Linux User 228909  Powered By Mandrake Linux sum(8.1+0.1)
It is NOT portable (uses 386 task switching etc), and it probably