On Wed, 24 Jul 2002 08:57:39 -0700
"JOHAM,DAVID (HP-Boise,ex1)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I just tried this and it gave me a list of printers. Do you see
> different behavior?
>
> 1) add new printer
> 2) choose SMB
> 3) choose guest acct
> 4) pressing scan on the next page gives me a list of printers I
> could browse through and choose
>

> What version of KDE are you using?

The problem may be that I don't have a full blown KDE install
Just the minimum and I run WindowMaker.  Kups worked fine that
way.  The current one won't run under this setup and printerdrake
just flat doesn't like my Epson printers.  (I use a combo of Cups
own management tool and printerdrake to get it right.)

James