From: Praedor Tempus [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2002 7:27 AM
To: Mandrake Expert
Subject: [expert] Deleting printers

Running Mandrake 8.2 with KDE 3.0.1...

OK, this should be simple but I am finding it is not as simple as it should
be
(SHAME on you KDE developers in particular).

I want to delete a host of defunct printers (CUPS).  I have tried running
kups
and printerdrake and DrakConf.  In no case am I given an option to delete a
printer.  In kups, if I try to run it as superuser, it dies with an
inability
to connect to the DCOP server or some crap, and I REFUSE to logout and login

as root to do this - this should flat-out not be required EVER.

In kups, the button that would otherwise permit the deletion of printers is
greyed out when I run it as user, which is apparently my only option.  If I
run printerdrake, there is no option to delete printers, only add printers,
modify the printing system, etc (this appears to be an oversight by Mandrake

developers - that one might actually want/need to delete a printer as well
as
add one).

How does one go about deleting printers?

praedor