On Tue Jul 30, 2002 at 10:30:07AM -0700, David Guntner wrote:

> I'd look this up in the man page, but the package doesn't seem to have
> one....

Well, the first thing I'd suggest is reading the sudo document on
MandrakeSecure:

http://www.mandrakesecure.net/en/docs/sudo.php

That should answer most, if not all, your sudo questions.

> I'm trying to use sudo for some tasks that I start up, so that I don't have
> to do a full su to root in a shell window first and then execute the
> command that I want to run.  However, I can't seem to get the thing to let
> me do it.
>
> I've edited /etc/sudoers to allow group wheel to execute all command, and I
> made sure that my "regular user" account is part of that group.  Then I
> type something really simple like "sudo tail -f /var/log/syslog".  It then
> prompts me for a password.  No matter what password I put in (even when I
> put in the root password), it tells me the password is wrong.
>
> So, what the heck password does sudo want from me? :-)

Did you try your own password?

--
MandrakeSoft Security; http://www.mandrakesecure.net/
"lynx -source http://www.freezer-burn.org/bios/vdanen.gpg | gpg --import"