On Friday 02 August 2002 03:54 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Aug 2002, Praedor Tempus wrote:
> > Another question regarding lyx.  If you check the configure script,
> > you see that there is an option for selecting a GUI for lyx other
> > than based on xforms (which is quite ugly and motif-ish).  There is
> > an option for qt2 and gtk-based frontends.  Woo-hoo! Or so I thought.
[...]
> Try the package 'klyx'. It has a somewhat nicer interface than lyx.

Yeah, I tried it over a year or so ago.  It was originally going to be the
wordprocessor (or at least that was the intention) for KDE/KOffice.  Kword
supplanted it.  Klyx hasn't been updated since who knows when.  It is likely
still even based on lyx-1.1.4 or some other dinosaurian version.  I had hopes
for it but the developer(s) are not developing it.  It is defunct and
stagnant.

It's too bad it didn't get taken up as the koffice wordprocessor.  Koffice
could then boast the ONLY linux word processor that can properly and
painlessly handle citations, references, and bibliographies.  Windows and
Macs have this capability in M$ Word  and WordPerfect (via apps like EndNote)
but no linux wordprocessor can handle it...except lyx - and lyx is really a
royal pain to work with because it is not intuitive.  Ah well.

Anyway, I FINALLY managed to get lyx-1.2.0 built and installed. It's more
work than building a kernel.

praedor