On Fri, 2002-08-09 at 01:36, James Sparenberg wrote:
> All,
>
>   I have a directory set up with a virtual user through apache,
> that is intended for light file sharing over the net.  Currently
> with ANY browser in MAC (the ones I've tested) Linux, FreeBSD it
> works without a hitch, and has for a while.  Now comes the
> glitch. In windows 95 98 2000 and ME it will work on any browser
> EXCEPT 6.0.  XP only comes with 6.0 so ......  Does anyone have
> any ideas, tips, URL's to help?

What sort of error are you seeing? Does IE not recognize the MIME
type? Does it try to display the file in its window, rather than
bringing up a"Save As..." dialog? More info, please.

--
Dave Sherman               Do not meddle in the affairs of
dragons, MCSE, MCSA, CCNA             for you are crunchy,

I'm not seeing it personally (I'm a maid... I DON'T do windows).
No error.  ALL others except IE 6.0 can drag and drop files to
from the hdd and the file. ONLY IE 6.0 doesn't  With IE the users
can Drag and drop a download but not an upload.  Sorry but Windows
doesn't do logs that I've ever seen so I'm wondering if the
problem isn't the fact that FTP ala Mandrake comes with kerberos,
and since M$ has now extended kerberos into a "propitiatory
technology invented by them" it' might have an effect.

James