David Oberbeck wrote on Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 06:06:50PM -0600 :

>    I am trying to install Mdk 8.2 ProSuite Edition on a Compaq DL360
> with Smart Array 5i RAID controller. I must run "linux ide=nodma" to
> get the installer up. So far, so good.

Oops, almost forgot.  Use "devfs=nomount" at the beginning of the
install *AND* put it in each of the lilo boot images when it comes time
to configure the boot loader near the end of the install.  This
particular raid controller requires that you disable devfs.

Blue skies...                   Todd
--
  Todd Lyons -- MandrakeSoft, Inc.   http://www.mandrakesoft.com/
UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because