Hi!

Sounds like you want an SGI or Sun Solaris workstation.

The kinds of tools you seem to be looking for really aren't in a mature (if they even
exist yet) stage on the linux platform.

If you want to do professional, high-end audio/video/animation editing (which you seem
to be hinting at) you need to look at something other than Linux.

Jon  8^)

-----

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I
intended to be." - Douglas Adams

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 08/13/02 03:55AM >>>
hi,
am looking for a really good and special graphicsworkstation, running linux
with OpenGL, a very good graphiccard with OpenGL and sound-abilities.

Has anyone an idea, which equipment is commendable.

what I should do with it :
making animations, making pictures (combine together) and sound

which software do I need for that purpose and is that software available on
mandrake ?

The reason asking this is, I have downloaded some graphicspackages, but a lot
of them needs some requirements, which I have not found yet or does not run
on my "testenvironment", which is a 350 MHZ AMD, mdk 8.0, about 50 Gigs HD,
an ATI Rage Card and a USB-connection.

USB does NOT run, ATI Rage have a lot of problems with 3D-Accelerating and
have damaged 3 ATI's right now with the hardware-accelerator of mdk's 8.0
4.0.3-version of XFree86.

Hope to get some experiences and advicements
thanks for helping and ideas
bye hans