Background

ATI TV wonder VE

card =64(?)
tuner type= 17
attached to cable TV

Soundblaster Live sound card

Program being used
xawtv  3.58(?)

First one is off topic, but maybe someone here knows.

Is there a maximum length cable run before the TV signal gets
degraded?   The run from the junction inside the house to my Linux
box is 125 ft  (I do have a lot of slack so I could shorten this by 50
ft or more).   I also have cables running to 2 televisions.  Do these
runs get included in the maximum allowable lenght?

My picture is pretty good, but not great.  In full screen it looks a bit
grainy.  In am running 1200x1000 (appx)  in 16bit  (I cant remember
exactly since I am not at my linux box now)

2.   Sound.   Sound works, but it doesnt seem to be controlled by
xawtv.  I use the kmix to control the volume.  The mute control in
xawtv and the volume controls do nothing to sound levels.  The
problem is that when I quit the xawtv, the sound keeps playing!

The only things I load in modules.conf
is the card and the tuner.  I dont have anything for tvmixer or tvaudio

Thanks!!