On Wednesday 14 August 2002 10:54, J Herzfeld wrote:
>My picture is pretty good, but not great.  In full screen it looks a bit
>grainy.  In am running 1200x1000 (appx)  in 16bit  (I cant remember
>exactly since I am not at my linux box now)

Don't forget, TV has terrible resolution (worse than 640x480), so
when scaled up to 1280x1024 (or thereabouts...) it'll look pretty
terrible.  And as a bonus, you'll get to see all of the artifacts
that make analog transmission lose, not to mention any ghosting
caused by impedence mismatching in the cable path.

I run my tv card at native tv resolution, and zoom X down to 640x480
and live with the black border around the picture.  It doesn't look
too bad that way.  The hard line is, if you want a tv picture to
look really good, you're better off watching it on a TV.  :^(

-Chuck

--
  \  Sitting in his UNIX LAN  \          Charles A. Shirley         \