On Sun, 2002-08-18 at 12:30, Wolfgang Bornath wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 18, 2002 at 10:32 -0500, Jason Guidry wrote:
> >
> > My guess is you need to swap out that cdrom or try an ftp install.  my
> > experience is that when weird things start happening with the cd during
> > install, a new cdrom is in that machine's future.
>
> Does Weird Things(TM) include screeching sound and smoke coming out of
> the machine?

Hey, don't go trying that with me.  I have prior art on that*, namely my
beloved K6 notebook, which kept us warm when the furnace broke...

> That was happening last week when somehow a tiny metal splinter found
> it's way onto the tray. CD looked interesting after that. And, yes,
> following Murphy's Law it was one of my more expensive CDs! :((

I'm almost positive there's some sort of DMCA or copyright violation
there.  I'll report the incident to the RIAA and have you picked up.

*DoesWeirdThings(TM) is a registered trade mark of Jason Guidry.

--
jason
gmaestro.org