Mark Weaver wrote on Tue, Aug 20, 2002 at 11:04:16PM -0400 :
> >So ("thinking on paper"), something like:
<snip>
> >               if count <= maxtries (wow, do I forget valid syntax ;-) )
> >                  then
> >                     wait 30 (??) (give the modem a chance to connect)
> >                     goto start
> >                  else
> >                     issue "Internet connection lost, could not restart"
> >message (somewhere)
> >               fi
<snip>
> >I'll need to brush up on bash syntax and so forth, and if I'm clever I
> >might get rid of the goto.
> it is written: "thou shalt NOT use a GOTO...ever!" ;) The force fed us
> that in assembler and COBOL classes till I thought it was gonna come
> outa my ears.

[root@fiji /usr/src/linux/kernel]# grep "goto.*\;$" * | wc -l
    187

Comments? :)  Don't tell me Linus doesn't know anything about c now :)

Blue skies...                   Todd
--
  Todd Lyons -- MandrakeSoft, Inc.   http://www.mandrakesoft.com/
UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because