I've recently updated to XFree86 v4.2 (XFree86-4.2.0-10mdk).  Since
then I have no longer to use my Multi_Key to Compose characters.

I have traced the problem so far that it stems from the fact that X
chooses the empty compose map in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/locale/C.
Instead, I would like to use for instance the compose map in
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/locale/iso8859-1.

As I understand the X(7x) man page the compose map is chosen based on
LC_ALL, LC_CTYPE, LANG (in that order).  Since the /etc/X11/Xsession
script (called by startx through xinit) calls /etc/profile.d/lang.sh,
I have tried changing my settings in /etc/sysconfig/i18n to the
following

  SYSFONT=lat1-10
  LC_ALL=iso8859-1
  LC_CTYPE=iso8859-1
  LC_MONETARY=en_US
  LANGUAGE=en_US:en
  LC_TIME=en_US
  LC_NUMERIC=en_US
  LC_COLLATE=en_US
  LC_MESSAGES=en_US
  LANG=iso8859-1
  SYSFONTACM=iso15

Still, I end up with the C compose map.

Of course, I could fix this by copying the compose map.  However, I
prefer a solution through configuration.  Does anybody know what I
have to do?

/Peter
--
http://www.linearity.org/turtle/contact.html
``When you have had all the experiences, met all the famous people,