Phil wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I realise that this question is a bit vague but someone may be able to help
> anyway.
>
> I used Netscape 4 point something to do my Internet banking and tried to
> install Netscape 6 with disastrous consequences. I had to reinstall MDK 8.2.
>
> Mozilla connects to the bank's site and open the Java applet which reads "
> connecting .. please wait". The problem is that it never connects. Konqueror
> doesn't even get as far as the applet.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might proceed?

yes...run the browser, Mozilla 1.0, cause the later version suck at
this, and navigate to a page that you know for certain will require a
java applet to be loaded. You'll be presented with a little plugin
alert. since you're running as root you'll be able to download and
install the java plugins. Do so. Then restart Mozilla as a normal user
and you should be able to do all you need to do normally.

Mark