Hello All,

I have been looking at various distributions on the net but have always liked Mandrake and have used it in the past with great success.

What I need now is a small minimalist distribution of Mandrake that would have the latest supported kernel 2.4.x and latest Xfree 4.x windowing system. My project will be connecting to the internet as well via NFS and Samba along with not needing things like KDE nor GNOME and will be installing my own window manager.

The trick to this is that although I will have either an ext2 or ext3 filesystem, I need the whole distribution to be initially small, something like under about 5 - 10 Meg if possible. I will be adding other packages as they are needed.

I have come across a few other distributions on the Internet that claim to be able to offer a kernel and xwindows on only 2 floppy disks but would prefer to work with Mandrake if possible.

does anyone have any ideas on how I can get this task accomplished easily with Mandrake?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Lonnie