On Mon, 2002-09-23 at 06:50, Gerard wrote:

> hi I was wondering if maybe you can support vendor
> specific external hardwares for Mandrake Linux 9,
> paritularly those products of Logitec.  I have an
> external HD and a CD-R/DVD ROM.

You might be surprised as big advances have been made between 8.2 and
9.0; I have an external CD-RW, an external solid state memory reader, a
PalmOS handheld with solid state memory and an external ADSL USB modem.
After considerable effort in the beta phase all four work perfectly :)

(With 8.2 two would have worked perfectly, one partially and one not at
all).

Alastair