> Tcpdump is showing me a great deal of activity on udp port 4156.  The
> problem is that it's clogging my network and slowing
> everything down.  What is this port?

Lets compare notes. Please send me some info at [EMAIL PROTECTED]
tsoft.com. I have just gotten a massive DOS from people probing that
port. My box was unusable pretty much most of the weekend.

I posted a message to newbie, but haven't heard much confirmation
yet.

You should first install portsentry, and add in the port for 4156
to its config file. After doing this, my system was more or less
usable. From my logs, it's still going on - at least it was this
morning. I have a prettty large /etc/hosts.deny file if you want to
compare it.

I have checked Internet Storm Center and CERT, nothing seems to be
there that is specific to port 4156.