Vox wrote on Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 11:31:54PM -0500 :

> > It's a worm that seems to have started on Saturday and infects linux boxes.
> > http://online.securityfocus.com/archive/75/292529/2002-09-20/2002-09-26/2
>   Uhm...slapper doesn't use 4156...it uses 2002 udp...so I don't think
>   it's slapper.

It's a new variant of slapper apparently.  Sophos antivirus just
released some virus signatures for "Slapper-B" and it detects Slapper-B
and Slapper-C.  So I'll assume there are two variants out now beyond the
original Slapper.

Blue skies...                   Todd
--
           MandrakeSoft USA   http://www.mandrakesoft.com
Never take no as an answer from someone who's not authorized to say yes.