Brian Parish wrote on Fri, Sep 20, 2002 at 02:04:55PM +1000 :
> I am getting a little desperate for some help with a Samba printing
> issue.  I have configured a number of systems for this without
> difficulty, but this one seems to have a mind of its own!
> I can see the printer from W$ XP, but access is denied.  I see nmb
> errors in the log like:

I assume that you applied the registry patch to XP to disable the sign
or seal function?  I found that just applying the registry patch didn't
quite disable it.  I had to manually edit the registry in three places
(because the patch was only modifying one of the three).

It's in the samba package somewhere in /usr/share/doc/samba*

Blue skies...                   Todd
--
           MandrakeSoft USA   http://www.mandrakesoft.com
   Easy things should be easy, and hard things should be possible.